Emergencies can happen anywhere at any time and it’s crucial to be prepared before disaster strikes.
For tips on how to prepare and keep your family, business and home safe:
For important emergency information from Hazlet Township:
Sign up at Civic Alert to automatically receive critical community information and local emergency notices.
Sign Up For Civic Ready
Be alerted by Hazlet Police and Town Hall about important local announcements. Choose phone, email and/or text. Sign up on this page.
In case of an emergency, updates will be posted on:
Hazlet Township Website - https://www.hazlettwp.org/
Hazlet Township Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TownshipofHazlet
Emergency Numbers - Report All Emergencies to 911
- Emergency: 911
- Town Hall: 732-264-1700
- Department of Public Works: 732-264-1700 ext. 8654
- Fire Prevention Bureau, Board of Fire Commissioners (non-emergency): 732-264-1700 ext. 8665
- Jersey Central Power & Light (to report power outages): 800-544-4877
- Monmouth County Health Department: 732-431-7456
- Monmouth County SPCA (to report injured or stranded animals that needs help): 732-542-0040
- NJ Natural Gas (to report gas leaks): 800-427-5325
- Police Department (non-emergency): 732-264-6565
In the event of a snow storm, township ordinance requires that all vehicles be removed from the streets to allow for snow plowing. If you do not have room on your property, vehicles may be parked at the swim club parking lot.
Customers should immediately report any downed wires to Jersey Central Power and Light or their local police or fire department.
Learn about identifying and responding to a gas leak.
Safety guidelines depend on the emergency. Learn how to stay safe during power outages and bad weather.