It is the responsibility of the Coordinator of Hazlet Township Office of Emergency Management (HTOEM) to develop an Emergency Communications strategy and capability for the Township in the event of a major disaster, natural or manmade. To this end, the Coordinator must ensure that a Townshipwide Public Safety Radio Communications Network exists that will allow for intra and inter department communications during such an event. The purpose of this document is to identify roles and responsibilities of the HTOEM's Communications Unit and its members.
OFFICE of EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATIONS UNIT ROLE
The role of the Hazlet Township Office of Emergency Management's Communications Unit Captain is to work with the Coordinator in developing an implementing a radio communications strategy and capability that provides radio communications support to all HTOEM Units.
RADIO COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT INCLUDES
- Frequency License Management and Procurement as needed
- Communications System(s) Design including Dispatch Center
- Equipment Specification (radio, repeater, antennas, etc.)
- Equipment Maintenance Management
- Equipment and System Testing
- Control of Mobile Incident Command Vehicle
- Liaison with Area and State Radio Communications Units
- RACES Communications
- Liaison with ARES, Local and Regional Ham Operators
- Development and Maintenance of HTOEM Radio Communications Protocols
- Radio Communications Dispatching Services
- Development and Maintenance of Unit Organizational Structure
- Liaison with other Township Department Radio Communications Officers
Anyone interested in joining the Communications Unit should contact Bob Busch, the Communications Captain. His contact information in on our staff page.
In Memory of
Communications Team Members